RSS

Tuesday, June 8

hmmm a first for everything

Today my mother had a doctor's appointment with the man that is close to God in her eyes. He is a really good doctor and treats my mother with expertise. Today, I believe he saw her in a completely different way. My poor father-after enduring a full day shopping with multiple melt downs, he tried to go to bed but she interrupted him 22 times. Imagine trying to lay down in bed 22 times. How frustrating. This morning, Dad went to wake her up at 7:00 but she wanted just a few more minutes. She asked him to come back at 8:00. 8:00 he enters and she wants to sleep more. He wakes her up fifteen minutes later and everything breaks loose. She starts screaming like the night I was there. She is completely out of her mind and does not remember him trying to wake her up. She insults him every way possible and after multiple phone calls, I convince her to go with him. She agrees but only if he will not go inside. Well she can not read the list of things she wants to tell The Doctor and she cannot remember them so none of it got discussed. Dad and the Doctor talk briefly without mom knowing. Mom is not doing so well at the office and she actually left the house without her teeth-thankfully she did not realize this or it would have gotten very ugly. She would have been so embarrassed in front of her doctor. She never mentioned her problems with her cough, her throat, her side (possible kidney issues) multiple areas of pain and who knows what else.
Form 10:00 until 1:30, I used my phone 83 times. I cannot make this stuff up if I tried. I actually am in disbelief as I look over my phone. Hold on and I will tell you the grand daily total= 116. Wow my poor kids.
She continued to freak out at the house and she called non stop from 10:03 until 1:24 46 times. I actually decided to spoil myself and buy myself a early birthday gift. I went and got my nails done during this phone time. My daughter now is biting her nails and I thought if only I could show her pretty fingers. So the idea was created to get my nails done and unfortunately I would have liked to have relaxed while it was being down. But I do have pretty fingers :=). It also worked on my daughter She has not bitten her nails ones today.
During these phone calls, my mother is very loving to me, hateful to dad, and angry with life. There was a lot of drama-she knocked stuff over, threw her pills around, mumbled, and rambled incoherently, talked about stuff I do not care to repeat, and ended up pulling the phone out. I had no phone calls from mom from 2:01 until 4:32. What a nice break. She was so tired-she went to bed early and it has been a quiet night. I am waiting for late night. Dad at least you got a break!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberly,
I work for the Fisher Center for Alzheimer's Research Foundation. I'd like to talk to you about linking your blog and our website, www.ALZinfo.org. I think our visitors would identify with you as an Alzheimer's caregiver. I can be contacted at: Lindsay @ alzinfo . org (remove spaces). I look forward to hearing from you!

Lindsay Nason
Development Coordinator
Fisher Center for Alzheimer's Research Foundation

Post a Comment