RSS

Tuesday, April 20

Video of my mother

I spent the night at my mother's last night and it will be one of the best memories I shall ever have. It started off slightly crazy and ended wonderfully. She enjoyed playing with Mackenzie and together they watched A little Princess. At the end of the movie, Mom got rather upset because I was mean. Why am I mean you ask? Because I felt that it was time for bed at 9:30 and did not want Mackenzie to stay up and watch Bride and Prejudice. No that was not a misspelling. There is a movie called bride and prejudice I promise. While I have seen the movie (unfortunately) I do not want my three year old to see it. I could tell my mother was controlling her emotions and let me put Kenzie to bed. She was muttering and mumbling constantly coming in and out of the room to tell me that I was mean. Finally I finished reading stories and instantly my mother changed. She asked if she could snuggle with Kenzie. It was too sweet. Granted, Kenzie did not go to sleep until 10:30, but she was able to fall asleep in my mother's arms. Mom and I spent some time talking and eating and cleaning. finally our movie started. It was Stepford wives-the new version. When the movie was over, I stayed up with her until 3:30 discussing the hearing. We found out that the hearing requires mom to come and I found it scary to talk about her in front of her. I decided right then and there to mention everything that the reports state and tell her about her condition. It gave her peace and helped her feel better about herself. I think my mom becomes better in the wee morning hours. I finally drifted off to sleep at 4:30. Tired and worn out, my heart is singing a little tune. It is short lived though. My brother is currently on the phone with her as she is screaming hysterically since he Will watch my children for an hour before heading up to her house for his movie night. Ah fun times.... Here is a video to give you an idea of the mildest of explosive episodes.

1 comments:

Daughter said...

My prayers are with you. I don't know how you do it except for the grace of God. Blessings to you and yours...

Post a Comment